Allergy Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant — New York
Latitude Food Allergy Care
Latitude Food Allergy Care is a fast-growing network of food allergy specialty care clinics which provide a full range of diagnostic, treatment and support options for food allergy patients of all ages, including oral immunotherapy to multiple allergens. Our founders and team have deep personal and professional experience in treating food allergies. Latitude is looking to expand our team with people who are driven to grow a patient-centric, hospitality-minded model of care.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the diagnosis and management of food allergies in all age groups, and will also demonstrate a patient-centered approach that is delivered with the highest level of compassion. Responsibilities will include interpreting allergy blood tests and skin tests, performing and interpreting pulmonary function tests, performing oral food challenges, performing oral immunotherapy (OIT) treatment, and managing conditions such as asthma, allergic rhinitis, eczema and food allergy.
This is an outpatient position that is open to part-time or full-time clinicians. We provide competitive compensation and equity in our growing company. Benefits include health and dental benefits, 401(k), CME allowance, and malpractice insurance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage allergy conditions such as asthma, allergic rhinitis, eczema and food allergy including emergency care
- Interpret allergy blood tests and skin tests, perform and interpreting pulmonary function tests, perform oral food challenges, perform oral immunotherapy (OIT) treatment
- Proactive patient care including patient education, monitoring and responding to patient calls, messages, daily home treatment logs, and EMR messages
- Support and assist in the management of the New York practice including patient management, business strategy and referral marketing
- Management and growth of the New York clinical staff, e.g., RN, LPN, medical assistants
- On-call responsibilities which are distributed proportionally among all providers and RNs
- Other responsibilities may include placing allergy skin tests, administering injections, preparing oral immunotherapy doses, ordering labs, scheduling, ordering medications
- Flexibility, ability to readily respond to changing circumstances and expectations
- Positive attitude with a willingness to accept constructive feedback
- Ability to learn from failure and make the best out of any situation
- Personal initiative, self-motivation, hands-on style and strong work ethic
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Creativity and ability to think outside-the-box while defining sound and practical solutions
- The desire to be an integral part of a team dedicated to changing the lives of families through excellent healthcare
- Active New York license (NJ, CT license is a plus)
- 2-3 years of pediatric experience (pediatric allergy experience preferred)
- Experience managing conditions such as asthma, allergic rhinitis, and food allergy
- Personable and professional, especially with pediatric patients and their parents
- Strong communication skills
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401(k), FSA, PTO and major Holidays
- Full-time or Part Time with benefits
- Upper East Side, New York, NY
- Flexibility to float between different locations as we expand
Latitude Food Allergy Care is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.
Submit resume to [email protected].