Mission and Culture
We are committed to changing the lives of families living with food allergies by creating access to exceptional care from diagnosis to lifesaving treatments.
Our mission will be achieved by how we act as individuals and support each other with respect, empowerment and transparency, not by position or title. We believe in getting stuff done and having fun doing it.
Registered Nurse (RN)
We are looking to hire an energetic and self-driven Registered Nurse to assist our clinical team in creating an unforgettable patient experience at our medical clinic.
This person will work collaboratively across multiple departments and functions, working directly with our physician, nurse practitioners, and corporate team. Candidate should be excited by the idea of working with a passionate team and being part of a purpose driven company. Must be enthusiastic about implementing a new patient care model for food allergy patients.
Hours: Monday-Friday, one Saturday morning per month, on-call responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Time will be spent on both clinical operations and direct patient care
- Patient care responsibilities include: obtaining vital signs, performing lung function testing, placing allergy skin tests, administering injections, facilitating oral food challenges, preparing oral immunotherapy doses, assisting with emergency care, and providing patient education
- Other responsibilities include patient phone calls, ordering labs, obtaining insurance approvals, scheduling, ordering medications and restocking clinical supplies
- Active California RN license
- BLS/CPR certification obtained within 30 days of hire
- Personable and professional, especially with pediatric patients and their parents
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to readily respond to changing circumstances and expectations
- Positive attitude with a willingness to accept constructive feedback
- Ability to learn from failure and make the BEST out of any situation
- Personal initiative, self-motivation, hands-on style and strong work ethic
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Creativity and ability to think outside-the-box while defining sound and practical solutions
- Experience in allergy and/or pediatrics
- 1 year of RN experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, PTO and major Holidays.
- Redwood City, CA
- CA Registered Nurse (RN)
Latitude Food Allergy Care is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org